COMBIPHON® O2 Low Resistance
COMBIPHON® Low Resistance O2 Speaking Valve
Combiphon® is a compact, transparent speaking valve with a silicone membrane. It has a lateral port (ISO plug-in connection 5 mm), which enables the connection to an oxygen device, if required. The Combiphon® speaking valve enables tracheostomized patients with an intact larynx to speak.
The special feature of this speaking valve is the basic position of the valve membrane. It is closed and is briefly opened during inspiration. This makes the increased pressure for closing the valve, otherwise required to form speech, unnecessary. It can be attached to either a 15-mm connector or 22 mm combiadapter. The valve flap opens on inspiration and the exhaled airflow causes the valve to close, which enables speech. The transparent valve housing offers an unobtrusive appearance. A lateral port (ISO plug-in connection5 mm),enables the connection to an oxygen device, if required.
- Skin-coloured speaking valve
- Silicone membrane is suspended at the side
- The valve membrane is slightly opened in resting condition
- Advantage: only a small blowing pressure is required to close the speaking valve
- With multiadapater: fits to both 15 mm (UNI) connector and 22 mm (KOMBI) adapter
- To be used by tracheotomized patients, not to be used by laryngectomized patients
- To be used only and exclusively in combination with a phonation cannula.
- Individually packed
The O2 connector/port is conical shaped. The dimensions are 4.5 mm as largest and 3.5 mm as smallest diameter. The inner diameter of the small protective closing cap which sits on the O2 connector/port has an inner diameter of 5mm. Therefore the corresponding O2 supply tube should also have an inner diameter of 5 mm.
The use on laryngectomised patients is contraindicated.
The Combiphon® speaking valve is supplied in individual, sterile packaging. The Combiphon® speaking valve is a single-patient product.
REF 27134 COMBIPHON® Low Resistance O2 Speaking Valve
To order this product, you must have a prescription from a physician. For details and instruction, please click on PRESCRIPTION POLICY.