HUMIDOPHONE® type 15 + HME, Package of 30
HUMIDOPHONE® + HME (15 mm connector)
The Humidophone® + HME is a compact speaking valve with an HME (Heat and Moisture Exchanger). The Humidophone® filters the air during inspiration. The housing contains an open-pored polyurethane foam with hygroscopic characteristics, creating an additional humidification effect. The filter is located in front of the speaking valve flap, i.e. on the patient side.
The Humidophone® speaking valve is intended for single use only. The use in combination with further humidification or nebuliser aids through inhalation devices is not recommended!
- Compact speaking valve – low profile
- Semi bias-opened valve – slightly open at all-time allowing part of exhalation to pass
- Semi bias-opened valve also resulting in reduced inhalation resistance
- Only a small exhalation pressure is required to close the speaking valve
- HME media incorporated to facilitate humidification and filtration of inhaled air
- Fits on any standard 15mm tube, but can be adapted to fit also 22mm hubs
Also available HUMIDOPHONE® + HME with 22 mm connector (REF 46480)
The Humidophone® speaking valves with filter function are supplied in individual, hygienic packaging, in a packing unit of 30 pieces.
The use on laryngectomized patients is contraindicated.
To order this product, you must have a prescription from a physician. For details and instruction, please click on PRESCRIPTION POLICY.